Re: OpenGL and the LinuxThreads pthread_descr structure

On Thu, 2002-05-16 at 17:54, Gareth Hughes wrote:

> What do you mean, a third party program?  We're talking about a system
> library (libGL.so) here.

Everything which is not part of glibc is third-party.  It's the same as
if some program would require access to internal data structures of
libGL.  There are several different layouts of the thread descriptor and
it's only getting worse.  The actual layout doesn't matter since
everything is internal to glibc and the other libraries which come with
it so this is no problem.

Beside, I don't understand why you react like this.  Using __thread is
the best you can ever get.  It'll be portable (Solaris 9 already has the
support as well) and it's faster than anything you can get to access the
data.