Re: memset.S and PowerPC

Hi Dave,

That reminds me.....

Actually I had done a rewrite that fixed that. Tho I hadn't convinced
myself
that it was ok from a performance perspective. Got busy with other
things....

You are right tho. the cacheline size is now surfaced by the kernel.

However a 3rd approach and probably an even better one was rolling
around that is exporting from the kernel a set of bla's one of which would

be memset.

Basically when you ran your kernel, the routine is surfaced so that
glibc etc can call it and thus get an optimized routine specific to
that architecture/environment. Good idea and something that's done
on other OS's tho I don't know that anyone actually started working
on it.

--
Tom Gall - PPC64, PPC32, Embedded "Where's the ka-boom? There was
Linux Technology Center           supposed to be an earth