Re: question re: questions

Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
> I've posted a few questions and buglet reports, but got only little reply.
> I was wondering if there is some document describing how to do good bug
> reports on glibc, or what I could do to improve my mails so that some of
> you in the know feel inclined to take a look at it.
>
> I'm presently not sure if the bugs I'm hitting in the pthreads code is my
> fault or maybe is a bug in glibc, and I'm a bit stuck in my debugging
> until I know some more.

Your first report ("question: re pthreads") didn't have enough detail.
Your second report was better, but you didn't mention your computer's
architecture, you could have answered one of your own questions by trying
to run that test case on other systems, and you didn't really establish
that the test case was similar to your program.  (I'm guilty of the same sins
fairly often... and I don't get answers then, either.)

I don't know whether that test case you linked to is
any good, but I gave it a try. It locks up on redhat 7.3 / pentium III
after a couple seconds.  On one system, it runs fine in gdb,
but not on my SMP system, where I get lots of SIG32's
(making me think my gdb is buggy).

Can you perhaps come up with your own minimal test case for the
problem?  That's often illuminating.
- Dan