Re: glibc-libgcc-compat-ppc-9b.patch

I put these changes into both branches.  I had to rewrite the log entries
to make them reasonable.  This went around enough times that I didn't want
to make it go another round, but in future please conform to the ChangeLog
conventions or we will not take the changes until they do.  You can see
from the log entries I wrote what good ones look like.