Re: POSIX ACL API in glibc?

On Monday 26 August 2002 15:58, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 26, 2002 at 02:54:17PM +0200, Andreas Gruenbacher wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > in our current distributions the subset of ACL manipulation functions
> > defined in POSIX 1003.1e draft 17 is located in a separate library
> > <libacl.so>. I think these functions should become part of glibc. What's
> > the official glibc position about this?
>
> What is 'our current distributions'?  The two most important free kernels /
> kernel replacements support by glibc (Linux and Hurd) don't even have
> Posix ACL support implemented.

I only know for sure that ACLs will be supported by the next SuSE products
which we are currently working on; libacl also was in SuSE 8.0.

The user space/kernel interface is via Extended Attributes, which have been in
the kernel since 2.5.3 (or around that), and are expected to be in 2.4.20 as
well.

--Andreas.

 Andreas Gruenbacher                                SuSE Linux AG
 mailto:agruen@suse.de                     Deutschherrnstr. 15-19
 http://www.suse.de/                   D-90429 Nuernberg, Germany