Re: ready for 2.3?

On Mon, Sep 30, 2002 at 11:09:12PM +0200, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> Well, I am almost done with a patch ala Drepper (LD_SO_NEEDS_LIBC_SYMBOLS),
> which I am testing right now (compiling takes about 6 hours here).  I have
> learned about the libc_hidden_* and hidden_* stuff in the last week, but
> don't know about rtld_hidden_*, so I would need more time (and Roland's
> patch first) before I could submit such a patch.  Is Roland's patch
> available somewhere?

There are basically just hidden_* macros plus wrappers around them to make
things shorter to write and nicer to read.
libc_hidden_* expands to hidden_* for code compiled into
libc.so, empty otherwise, similarly rtld_hidden_* expands to
hidden_* for code compiled into ld.so, similarly libm_hidden_* etc.
There is just one problem - ld.so uses some .os files from libc_pic.a,
but Roland is working on a patch which will make all .os objects going
into ld.so be compiled with -DNOT_IN_libc -DIS_IN_rtld and all objects
going into libc.so without those defines.

	Jakub