Re: More backreference performance improvements [take 2]

Hi,

From: Jack Howarth <howarth@bromo.msbb.uc.edu>

>     I am unclear from your last response to Bonzini if you were
> concurring with adding the 60% optimization patches for regex into
> glibc cvs (since it doesn't rely on cache profiling) or if you

It has no relation whether it relys on cache profiling or not.
I meant I'll also fix the algorithm itself, so the optimization might
have no effect.  And fixing algorithm is necessary since though his
optimization is very good, but it can't solve everything.
E.g. dc.sed is still slow in my environment.

I guess you concern yourself about that the fix I said is still under
development.  Sorry, it is certainly my fault.
However, as Ulrich said, everyone who wants to use the patches can
apply them.  Do I overlook some problem in the cause of that the patch
isn't in the cvs?

Isamu Hasegawa
IBM Japan, Ltd.