Re: openoffice 1.0.1 vs glibc cvs

Hi,

jdk 1.4.1 uses a completely new VM where that difficulty has been designed
away.

jdk 1.3.1 on x86 uses the Hotspot VM (just like jdk 1.4) which again
does not have this difficulty

If you try enabling classic threads in that jdk (if they still exist) then you
should see the same problem unless some distributions in fact added
that symbol back.

Hope this helps.

BTW, the best solution would be to port the HotSpot VM to ppc Linux to
catch up to the x86 crowd but without some volunteer help, that will be a
slow process due to other commitments I have.

Kevin