Re: PPC32 and state of the project

Hi,

Using floating stacks in in linuxthreads is a no-brainer. Minor tweaks to pt-machine.h (and we can find and play with all the setjmp/longjmp stuff to make sure we don't touch it) is enough.

So I have rebuilt glibc 2.3.1 using floating stacks with "R2" as the thread register for ppc 32 and it passes make check with flying colors and a disassembly of manager.c __pthread_manager shows r2 being nicely used to hold self.

So there really isn't anything to using floating stacks on ppc32 so the real work must be in figuring out thread local storage and I have started to read Ulrich's tls.pdf but since I know little to nothing about elf format and sections, I am now looking at his shared library dsohowto.pdf to try and get myself up to speed since it seems to explain elf sections some.

It will take a while to get up to speed.

I may look at the context stuff just for my own fun.

Kevin