Re: Fix errno on Alpha

On Wed, Jan 08, 2003 at 04:37:02PM +0100, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 08, 2003 at 10:30:12AM -0500, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> > Right now, Alpha uses a !samegp optimized branch to call
> > __errno_location.  This tells the linker that we always want the copy
> > of __errno_location in this shared object; so syscalls never find the
> > copy in libpthread.so, and set the main thread's errno instead of the
>
> ?? Both __errno_location in libc.so and __errno_location in libpthread.so
> do exactly the same, it doesn't matter which one do you use.
> libc.so's is in linuxthreads/sysdeps/pthread/errno-loc.c,
> libpthread.so's is in linuxthreads/errno.c.

Errrm... I hadn't realized that linuxthreads/sysdeps/ was used for
libc; thought it was for linuxthreads.  My alpha build is getting:

config-sysdirs =  linuxthreads/sysdeps/alpha/elf sysdeps/alpha/elf
  linuxthreads/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/alpha
  linuxthreads/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux linuxthreads/sysdeps/pthread
  sysdeps/pthread linuxthreads/sysdeps/unix/sysv
  linuxthreads/sysdeps/unix linuxthreads/sysdeps/alpha
  sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/alpha/alpha sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/alpha
  sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux sysdeps/gnu sysdeps/unix/common
  sysdeps/unix/mman sysdeps/unix/inet sysdeps/unix/sysv
  sysdeps/unix/alpha sysdeps/unix sysdeps/posix sysdeps/alpha/fpu
  sysdeps/alpha sysdeps/wordsize-64 sysdeps/ieee754/flt-32
  sysdeps/ieee754/dbl-64 sysdeps/ieee754 sysdeps/generic/elf
  sysdeps/generic

But it's still picking up errno-loc.c from sysdeps/generic/.

Probably because the snapshot I'm working on is not tip-of-trunk, and
the one in linuxthreads/sysdeps/pthread is only ten days old.
Apparently this was broken on Alpha from at least 2002-12-03 until you
added that file; how did this used to work?

--
Daniel Jacobowitz