Re: Setting default/max thread stack size with rlimit

Ok, that's fine. I'm just curious now, what is the reasoning? I couldn't find any documentation on this besides a few things in the ChangeLog and include files, and those didn't give any reason why rlim_cur was used instead of rlim_max for the max stack size of a thread, they just talk about rlimit. I couldn't find anything searching the web, either.

-Corey

Ulrich Drepper wrote:

Corey Minyard wrote:

I was looking at the code to set the max stack size using rlimit, and I
saw something a little wierd. LinuxThreads set the max stack size to
the current stack size from rlimit, which seems a little wierd.

What you call weird is not weird for others. The current behavior makes
perfect sense and it has been in use and documented for a long time. No
change.