Re: mips64 sigaction changes

On Fri, Mar 14, 2003 at 04:31:17AM -0300, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> This patch ports sigaction to all 3 mips64 ABIs.  __restore and
> __NR_restore are probably not really necessary, since n32 and n64
> always use the rt variants and o32 doesn't need a sa_restorer, but I
> thought it wouldn't hurt to put it in, just in case...  Ok?

Well, I'd rather not.  If you follow linux-mips, Ralf has been talking
about removing sa_restorer while there are still no uses of it.  Can we
kill this bit now?

> +/* NOTE: Please think twice before making any changes to the bits of
> +   code below.  GDB needs some intimate knowledge about it to
> +   recognize them as signal trampolines, and make backtraces through
> +   signal handlers work right.  Important are both the names
> +   (__restore_rt) and the exact instruction sequence.
> +   If you ever feel the need to make any changes, please notify the
> +   appropriate GDB maintainer.  */

This comment's also inappropriate.  GDB won't handle __restore or
__restore_rt at all.  Of course, it doesn't handle signal frames yet
either, but that's just because I'm a bum; I have it working, I just
need to clean it up and commit it.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz