Re: binutils requirement

> > I built glibc using binutils 2.12.1 on i386-linux today (it was a bit of an
> > accident, really...).  It turns out that it doesn't work; you end up with
> > two symbols named __udivdi3 at GLIBC_2 dot 0, one hidden and one not.  Should we
> > be checking the version at configure time?
>
> There is a configure check.  Please figure out why it failed to catch your
> as and/or ld.
>

> Thanks,
> Roland

Hi,

This problem might have more to do with gcc than with binutils. I recall
having similar problems some while back when I was compiling with a gcc
which had been built against the old binutils, even though I was using
newer binutils to compile glibc. In my case, recompiling gcc (against
the new binutils) solved the problem.

I'm not sure about this so please take this as a suggestion for
something to look at if nothing else seems to make sense.

regards,
Davin