Re: New locale ag_ES for Aragonese (Debian bug #194289)

Hi Petter!

On Sun, Jun 15, 2003 at 04:23:56PM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> I've noticed your new locale for Aragonese on
> <URL:http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=194289>, and
> want to assist you in getting the locale accepted by the glibc
> maintainers.

That's great! Thanks for caring about this tiny language :)

> I have a few comments regarding your fixme entries
>
>  - LC_PAPER is set to use A4, but marked with FIXME.  Why?  I suggest
>    using 'copy "es_ES"' instead.
>
>  - LC_MEASUREMENT is set to metric, but marked with FIXME.  Why?  I
>    suggest using the 'copy' keyword here too.

The FIXME's I inherited from the locale I based ag_ES (I don't remember
which Spanish locale it was right now). Probably "copy" could be used in
LC_TELEPHONE too. I'm not sure about LC_MONETARY, but probably too. As
you probably have more experience in this, feel free to nuke it and base
it on es_ES too, if it's ok. I know for sure that Aragonese uses the
same rules as Spanish or Catalan to separate decimals, thousands, etc,
and it's Euro currency zone too, so maybe LC_NUMERIC can also be
imported from es_ES.

> Perhaps all the sections identical to es_ES should just be copied from
> the spanish locale?  It is probably smarter to make it explicit where
> the values come from.

If it's common practice, go ahead. I'm attaching a new file with your
proposed fixes, lacking the changes to LC_MONETARY and LC_NUMERIC, just
in case.

Thanks again!

Jordi
jordi@sindominio.net     jordi@debian.org     http://www.sindominio.net/