Re: Random failures when calling free()/malloc()

On Sat, 2003-07-19 at 20:23, Owen Taylor wrote:

> This is classic memory corruption, probably a double free somewhere
> in your application.  It's certainly not libc, and unlikely
> to be GLib/GTK+ either... memory corruption failures are frequently
> not 'local' - a bug in one place will cause a crash somewhere
> else.

I wont argue here, what makes it just a bit more difficult, is that it
works fine with a older glibc :/

> 'export MALLOC_CHECK_=2' valgrind, or even the good old standby of
> Electric Fence should help you track it down.

Once again, thanks for the suggestion, but valgrind do not compile under
nptl =).  If I get time in a week or two, I will try to get it to
compile.  Currently busy trying to check with MALLOC_CHECK_=2, thanks.

Regards,

--

Martin Schlemmer