epoll support in glibc?

glibc-2.3.2 seems to have support for epoll -- at least it installs epoll.h.
However, nm libc.a | grep epoll comes up empty for me, and
http://lists.debian.org/debian-glibc/2003/debian-glibc-200307/msg00149.html
also indicates it's unimplemented.

Since the source for the syscall wrappers look pretty simple
(e.g. Davide used _syscall1(int, epoll_create, int, size)),
I'm tempted to send in a patch for glibc to implement these three
calls.  Does someone else already have such a patch hiding somewhere,
by any chance?  Or am I confused, and does glibc already fully
implement epoll support?

Thanks,
Dan