Re: mcount_internal on ARM

Ulrich Drepper wrote:
Dan Kegel wrote:

This isn't a debian discussion.  It's a "which patches do I need"
discussion.

It's equally off-topic. Talk about the patches others add somewhere else. If they are not in the official release they are of no concern here. If the author wants to make it a concern they patches have to be submitted.

Oh, I don't know. Sometimes one needs to talk about patches a bit before deciding they're worth submitting, especially since the gatekeeper to glibc seems to be quite demanding when it comes to quality :-)

The 14 patches I've found I needed are at
http://kegel.com/crosstool/current/patches/glibc-2.3.2/
Six of them are straight from glibc cvs, so they're already submitted.

The other eight might not yet be in cvs; I haven't checked yet.
I did work to push a number of patches into gcc's mainline
by submitting good bug reports to gcc's bugzilla complete with patches.
I intended to do the same with glibc, but haven't had a chance to
build glibc from cvs yet for the various platforms I was working with.

It would help if glibc had a working bug tracking system; gcc's
is working very well these days, and I'm really looking forward
to glibc switching over to gcc's bugzilla!
(Not that I have anything against gnats... I used it a lot back
in 1994.  I even wrote one of the first web front ends for it.)
- Dan