where to put documentation of programs that accompany libc?

Hi,

A user (rms@gnu.org) reported that the 'iconv' program is not documented
within libc: It has no documentation in texinfo format within libc, and
the man page that some distributions supply is out of date - of course
since it's not maintained within the libc sources.

The same holds for ldconfig, catchsegv, etc.

I want to provide doc for the iconv program. Should I
  - Start a new chapter in the libc manual?
  - Start a new manual for the programs that accompany libc?
  - Start a 'man' directory containing manual pages?
  - Write a manual page and submit it to the Linux man page maintainer,
    Andries Brouwer?

Bruno