Re: Latest Glibc from CVS has segmentation problems.

Hi,

I love the dripping sarcasm!

There are many many users that build and upgrade glibc separately from their
distribution to test things, for compatibility reasons and simply because the
distribution is sometimes slow in adopting or using new versions of glibc.

Can't we simply direct them to the nice web page you used to have (do you
still?) that leads them through checking requirements and building their own
glibc from source.  I seem to remember a web page devoted to that.

IMHO, we should NOT be discouraging any builders of glibc (not exactly open
source friendly to tell people that glibc is for for money charging
distributions only!) and instead figure out some way to relieve Ulrich of the
need to "hold anyone's hand"  ... just imagine holding hands with someone as
open and friendly as Ulrich!  ;-)

Kevin