Re: Latest Glibc from CVS has segmentation problems.

"Alfred M. Szmidt" <ams@kemisten.nu> writes:

>    > Oh chirst, this isn't about who is working for who.
>
>    Actually, it might be.  Who can say for certain whether the current
>    situation is the result of incompetence or conflict of interest?
>    But true, this is not the main point.
>
> I do not see any "current situation" other then a bunch of people
> flaming to their hearts contents (this includes me).

I thought the "current situation" was obvious.  From your statement of
blind ignorance, I guess not.  To clarify what I meant:

  1) No release of glibc, not even a point release, in over a year.

  2) A package maintainer who thinks only "distribution makers" and
     not "random people" should compile his code.

> There is no "release often" rule when it comes to free software, the
> GNU project releases things when they are _stable_, not before.

The current "stable" release does not even compile.

And although "release often" is not a rule, it is one indication of a
job being done properly.

> I suggest that you start following the damn thread, it is not about
> you.

Read the thread yourself.  My reply was to Ulrich's "random people"
comment, not to the original poster.  I am speaking as a "random
person".

 - Pat