Re: alpha backtrace.c

On Fri, Mar 26, 2004 at 12:02:51AM -0800, Richard Henderson wrote:
> Committed the obvious inclusion of the ia64 file.  I wonder
> if that should be the default generic version, actually?

Well, on most arches you IMHO don't want the ia64 backtrace.
The thing is, while on ia64/amd64 you (almost) always have
.eh_frame, that is not the case on other platforms which
don't default to -fasynchronous-unwind-tables.

So you IMHO need something like:
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/libc-hacker/2003-12/msg00054.html
instead, i.e. go as far as you can go with valid .eh_frame
info and from there continue with the old style stack unwinding
as fallback.
I believe s390{,x} needs that too, even when it switched to
-fasynchronous-unwind-tables in recent GCC versions, because
there are still many binaries/libraries without it floating
around.

	Jakub