Do we need the builtin unwind functions in glibc?

The current glibc has a builtin unwind library. It was needed when
glibc could be compiled with a gcc which doesn't support the shared
libgcc. Now, the minimal gcc required for glibc support the shared
libgcc and the builtin unwind library doesn't work with nptl. Do
we really need the builtin unwind functions today? I don't think we
do. I think we should remove it from glibc.

Another issue is the C personality routine. According to the exception
ABI, the personality routine is language specific. I am working on
some clarification for cleanup handler support in the Linux C
personality routine so that different Linux C compilers can work with
one C personality routine. The question is if we want it in glibc.
Today's nptl enabled glibc has a wrapper for it in libc.so. Since it
is/will be standardized for Linux, do we want its implementation in
glibc or keep the current wrapper?

H.J.