re: Porting glibc to OS-X

Justin wrote:
I have used gcc and glibc on my slack-box for several years and become
familiar with writing programs for Linux. Recently I decided to purchase a
Mac, which is the reason that I have written. I have an interest in porting
this library to OS X, because some software that I want to build expects to
find glibc.

It would probably be more productive to figure out how to build the software under MacOSX natively. There are plenty of good Unix systems out there not running glibc, and good software should not depend unneccessarily on glibc.

Have a look at the fink project, http://fink.sf.net
and see how they do things.  If the software you're
trying to build is open source, maybe you'll find
it already in fink, or can add it yourself.
Autoconf, for all its warts, helps deal with differences
between C libraries; you might find it handy.

Any followups on the 'just get the software to build'
angle should probably not go to the libc-alpha mailing list.
- Dan