Re: Icelandic translations ?

On Wed, May 19, 2004 at 10:55:39PM +0200, Bruno Haible wrote:
> Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> > > Hi, I was wondering if you could point me in the right direction for
> > > getting po/is.po (Icelandic) added to glibc.
> >
> > Submitting the patch/file into
> > <URL:http://sources.redhat.com/bugzilla/> might be a good start.
>
> Why should the Icelandic translations go a special way?

No, I wasnt suggesting that.   I was simply unaware of the process :)
according to that page, there are two member on the Icelandic team. Me
and Thorarin.  It also states that both of us have already submitted
our disclaimers :)

> glibc's translations are managed through the TP
> (http://www2.iro.umontreal.ca/translation/registry.cgi?domain=libc).
> It has a team of Icelandic translators
> (http://www2.iro.umontreal.ca/translation/registry.cgi?team=is).
> When a translator from that team submits his translations to the TP,
> they will automatically be forwarded to the glibc maintainers, who should
> normally put them in.

Now all I need to do is to play around with that TP and figure out how
to submit files and so forth.

On a related note.   We translate for Red Hat (Installer and other tools)
and for the KDE project.  On both those projects we have CVS access and
when we are translating we are committing files very frequently into CVS.
If I understand the TP correctly, does committing a file to the TP involve
manual work from the package maintainers to take our .po file and put it
into the package ?   i.e. is it ok to commit frequently, or will it piss
somebody off and waste his/her time ?

--
Rikki.         --  RHCE, RHCX, HP-UX Certified Administrator.
               --  Solaris 7 Certified Systems and Network Administrator.