Re: [patch] Matsushita AM33/2.0 port

> > I think we can replace that hard-coded stuff with a table of
> > patterns in a file, and then have configure use the union of files
> > from all add-ons.
>
> How would this work for mips64*-linux, for example?

The mapping of configuration tuple to $machine setting is straightforward
enough. The other cruft there futzing with compiler options is not directly
related.

> A configure-let script would address both this issue and that of
> automatic add-ons.  We just need a convention on where these files
> should be placed and how they should be named.

Give me an example of what the add-on's configure fragment looks like
and how that does automatic add-ons.

> Excellent.  It's a bit sad that add-on ports won't be able to use
> common bits from each other, but I guess this is something we'll just
> have to live with.

It's reasonable enough for one add-on to require another particular add-on.
As well, if maintainers of several ports want to cooperate and have all
their ports in a single add-on, there is nothing preventing that.

Thanks,
Roland