Re: Weak linkage of cancellation points.

On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 09:14:50PM -0700, Ulrich Drepper wrote:
> Carlo Wood wrote:
> > On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 08:12:51AM -0700, Ulrich Drepper wrote:
> >
> >>These are no supported interfaces of the libc.  If you want to use them
> >>do this on your own account.   Define the functions yourself.
> >

> > Heh - how?  By adding it to libc and recompiling it?
>
> By creating your own library.  How else?

I provided a complete example of what I _understand_ that has
to go into _that_ library (and I am pretty sure it doesn't work).
You just delete that part and don't react to it :/

I am sure it is me who doesn't understand something - that is why I
am asking a question in the first place.  You just don't answer them.

In other words - I still have no clue how anyone can override lseek64
***in his own library of course*** and then still call the *original*
lseek64 in libc from that, without using dlsym.  As far as I know
I cannot create a __lseek64 alias myself that will work in the same
library that I need to define the new lseek64 in; please correct me
if I am wrong.

What was wrong with my example code, if anything?

--
Carlo Wood <carlo@alinoe.com>

The following question have not been answered:

* I cannot add an alias for say 'lseek64' and then override
  the original (or can I?). [ in that library ]

And out of context (see previous post)

* Then I need to do something like this?:
* Will that work?  Or what did you mean?