Re: bring mips*-linux back to a buildable state

On Jul 20, 2004, Andreas Jaeger <aj@suse.de> wrote:

> Alexandre Oliva <aoliva@redhat.com> writes:

>>> The current 2.6 kernel has those in asm-mips/unistd.h.  Or where is it
>>> missing right now?
>>
>> How about asm-mips64?  IIRC the syscalls were missing for n32 and n64,
>> but not for o32.

> There's no such directory in my sources,

Aah, I didn't realize the mips64 headers had been merged into mips in
the kernel.  I was still using an old kernel/libc ABI headers tree.

Anyhow, I see __NR_semtimedop defined for n32 and n64, but not for
o32, that still uses __NR_ipc.  And __NR_ipc is not defined for n32
nor n64, so the default linux/semtimedop.c won't work for them.  We
could just add an entry to mips/mips64/syscalls.list to fix the
problem in glibc mainline, but this means we won't support kernels
that still didn't have semtimedop defined for the 64-bit mips64 ABIs.
I suppose this is not a big deal, and we could go with that instead of
this patch.  Any preferences?