pthread_atfork hidden in glibc-2.3?

Hi,

I was trying to move on to glibc-2.3. I started
getting follwoing error:

  hidden symbol `pthread_atfork' in

usr/lib/../lib64/libpthread_nonshared.a(pthread_atfork.os)
 is referenced by DSO

 I searched over the net and found a patch for glibc
 at

http://www.redhat.com/archives/phil-list/2002-October/msg00119.html

 Is there any other option available apart from
 patching glibc?

 It looks to me that pthread_atfork is obsolete now.
If
 its so, then does anybody know about workaround for
 not using pthread_atfork?

 Any pointers will be greatly appreciated.

 Thanks,
 Anil.
 PS: Please put me on cc list as I am not subscribed
 this list.