Re: Help with source code.

On Tue, Sep 07, 2004 at 01:59:05AM +0200, Enrique Perez-Terron wrote:

> The comments say that enlarging the stack frame no longer is possible
> for "some implementations of C, for example under Gould's UTX/32."  But
> why abandon a good idea in other implementations of C?  Perhaps GCC
> still plays games with the stack, and libiberty's alloca is just library
> bagage.

Libiberty is a portability library that gcc, binutils and gdb use.  It's
designed to provide a consistant set of sane features that you can
depend on wherever you're being built.

If you need this for your own applications, gnulib[0] is a better
choice.

Aside from that, you probably want the code in gcc/builtins.c =)

Tks,
Jeff Bailey

[0] http://www.gnu.org/software/gnulib/

--
I do not agree with a word you say, but I will defend to the death your
right to say it.