Re: patches inline in mail

Alan Cox wrote:
On Gwe, 2004-10-01 at 06:29, Andrew Morton wrote:

Guild lines on how to insure this are welcome.

Send angry email to everyone@mozilla.org. AFAICT it's impossible with recent mailnews.

The mozilla behaviour is RFC compliant[1]. Use text/plain attachments
and mark them "to view" and it should do happier things. (Except with
Linus cos Mr Dinosaur[2] doesn't believe in MIME yet)

Just how does one "mark them "to view" "?

George

I've not been able to coax Evolution into not chewing on non attached text either (again RFC compliant but not useful). If anyone knows a magic incantation for it I'd love to know.

(and it might be a good addition to the lkml faq)

Alan
[1] Yes the RFC is stupid but its the spec nowdays
[2] Thankfully not purple and singing

-

-- George Anzinger george@mvista.com High-res-timers: http://sourceforge.net/projects/high-res-timers/ Preemption patch: http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/rml