Re: example add-on ports of glibc

On Oct 22, 2004, Roland McGrath <roland@redhat.com> wrote:

> I've put this in, with one tiny whitespace adjustment.  This odd format for
> log formats is awkward and I don't know what that's about.

It's about having written and published the patch many years ago (so
copyright starts from that point), and still making the date it hit
the CVS repository, such that the ChangeLog remains in sequential
date.  It's like merging a change written by someone else in a
separate branch: you say you're checking the change in, but the patch
was originally written some this other person at that other date.

> 2001-10-31  Alexandre Oliva  <aoliva@redhat.com>

We don't want such old dates at the top of our current ChangeLog, do
we?

> In future, please do not intermingle patches you want considered for
> inclusion with large attachments in the same message.  Just include the
> patch itself and the rationale about it, one such patch per message.

I'll try to keep this in mind, sorry.