bug in distributions using NPTL (?)

Hi all,

I've just noticed that on several distributions which install both the
NPTL in /lib/tls and the Linuxthreads in /lib, (I tried with FedoraCore
3, SLES9, RHEL3), an user application which uses the
pthread_barrierattr_getpshared routine won't be able to link.

AFAIU, this is due to this routine being absent from the linuxthreads
library (instead there is __pthread_barrierattr_getpshared); and the
compiler will use automatically /lib/libpthread.so.0 at link time,
/lib/tls/libpthread.so.0 will be used only at runtime.

Is this a bug in the given distributions (or in the linker); or should
the symbol pthread_barrierattr_getpshared be present in the Linuxthreads
library as well? (I don't understand the alias mechanism)

Please let me know if I have to open a bugzilla for this.

Thanks,
Seb.

Sebastien DECUGIS
NPTL Test & Trace Project