Re: Glibc 2.3.3 ported to Syllable

>> Kristian Van Der Vliet wrote:
>> > I'd like to start the process of submitting my changes back into the main
>> > tree.
>>
>> That will not happen.  You have to maintain it yourself as an add-on.
>
>Like I say, there are changes in various Makefiles and configure scripts which
>are outside of the Syllable sysdeps stuff.  Even if the rest of it is an
>add-on these changes really need to be in the mainline; there isn't any other
>way for me to do it.

I think Ulrich is implying that you'll have to support Syllable
yourself, including patches to glibc necessary to build the
toolchain for Syllable, as well as the add-on bits.  This apparently
is the norm for cross-compiling glibc for many of the non-standard
targets.  I guess that now includes non-standard operating systems. :)

Look at Dan Kegel's great work at www.kegel.com/crostool/ where you'll
find lots of patches to glibc necessary for cross-compilation, and
maybe you can get your patches incorporated into his tool for your target...

--
Peter Barada
peter@the-baradas.com