Re: glibc-2.3.4 test suite failure

[It probably makes sense to remove libc-alpha@ from Cc:, as glibc-2.3.4
 is not an alpha release, and this configuration is known to work.]

On Mon, 07 Feb 2005, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
> Many thanks for your help.
> Unfortunately it still fails.
> The first thing is the catgets test

What does catgets/tst-catgets.out contain?

> then with nptl
> Expected signal 'Alarm clock' from child, got none
> and then
> tst-cond16/17/18/19/20 (then I stopped it)

This looks like a timeout. Try setting TIMEOUTFACTOR to 5 or something
(which will raise the timeouts by 5). I found I had to do that on all
but my fastest machine: the NPTL timeouts are suited for Ulrich's
(presumably blazingly fast) machines :)

(This stuff is the provenance of `test-skeleton.c' in the root of the
glibc source tree.)

> Probably I'll have to tried to build it from scratch,

There should be no need for that: your tools are right.

(Well, in a sense, you *are* building it from scratch...)

--
Synapsids unite! You have nothing to lose but your eggshells!