error: forced unwind support is required

Hi,

Am trying to upgrade my Glibc to version 2.3.4 running
on Red Hat 9 witht he default kernel 2.4.20-8smp on an
Intel pentium 4 with Hyper-Threading processor. But
somehow it returns the following error during
configuration set up:

checking size of long double... 12
running configure fragment for sysdeps/i386/elf
checking for i386 TLS support... yes
running configure fragment for
nptl/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux
running configure fragment for nptl/sysdeps/pthread
checking for forced unwind support... no
configure: error: forced unwind support is required

Can anyone consult on this problem?

-meileng-