Decimal Floating Point for glibc

I'm working on patches to implement Decimal Floating Point in glibc. More
informaion on DFP in general can be found at

http://www2.hursley.ibm.com/decimal/

and the most recent draft of the changes to the C standard is available at

http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg14/www/docs/n1107.htm

I'm planning to implement that draft and then make changes as the draft
changes. I'm assuming there will be no interest in merging this work into
glibc until the standard is ratified. At this point I'm planning to
implement as an add-on unless there is a reason not to that I'm not aware
of. Are there any guidelines anywhere on add-ons other than the info in
the FAQ?

Thanks,
Dwayne

--