building glibc after a minor change causes endless loop in make

Hello,

I had build glibc 2.3.2 and in installed it in a non system folder).
I want to learn about glibc so I made added some minor change (logging to a file in one
method) and tried to perform make and make install again.
It entered to an endless loop if the make.

I tried to solve it , but could not.
So I gave up and took the glibc 2.3.4 ; I did the same. and again, the make and make install were
OK.
But after some minor change I tried again make and it entered an endless loop.

The loop was in iconvdata (while creating libc_nonshared.a).

why is it so ?
Did I do something not correctly?

Don't just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search! http://search.msn.com/