Re: demise of linuxthreads

On Sat, Jul 02, 2005 at 10:08:52PM -0700, Roland McGrath wrote:
> We who have done that maintenance now feel the users are best
> served by moving on and not spending more time on LinuxThreads.

This I completely agree with.  It's nice to see things move forwards.

> The newer linuxthreads code, that was in the trunk through today,
> is now in the ports repository.  As of today, it still builds and works
> fine.  That condition won't last.  If people are interested in continuing
> to maintain linuxthreads to make it possible to do trunk builds using it as
> before, they're welcome to do so in the ports repository (someone able
> would have to step forward to referee the changes).

At least for the short term, I am willing to do this - I'm involved
with at least three different projects that still use LinuxThreads, and
while they'll all hopefully migrate away from it soon, the timetable is
out of my hands.  Strictly maintenance, of course.  I'd like to eke out
one more release.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery, LLC