To: "Kamal R Prasad" <kamalrp@networkprograms.com>
Cc: <libc-alpha@sources.redhat.com>
Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2005 7:28 PM
Subject: Re: libc port for AIX

<kamalrp@networkprograms.com> wrote:
Im interested in getting hold of a glibc port on AIX.
Can someone tell me if this has been done/can ne done?

I do not believe that there is a glibc port to AIX available. AIX has an "unusual" set of shared library and linker-loader mechanisms, making such a port difficult to do and maintain.

IBM has ported many GNU/FSF and other open source tools to AIX,
available from here:
http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/aix/products/aixos/linux/

-------------------
Mark Brown
bmark@us.ibm.com

Network Programs is a SEI-CMM Level 5 & ISO 9001: 2000 Certified Company
The information contained in this communication (including any attachments) is
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed
and others authorized to receive it. It may contain confidential or legally
privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby
notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any action in
reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be
unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us
immediately by responding to this email and delete it from your system.
Network Programs (India) Limited is neither liable for the proper and complete
transmission of the information contained in this communication nor for any
delay in its receipt.