Re: printf_fp.c problem

Uttam Pawar wrote:
On Wed, 2005-08-10 at 20:31 -0600, Matt Waddel wrote:
 > I get this output from the floating point printf() calls:
 >
 > 65535.000000
 > 190157.845868
 >
 > main()
 > {
 > double f;
 >
 > f = 65535.0;
 > printf("%f\n",f);
 >
 > f = 65536.0;
 > printf("%f\n",f);
 > }

compile/ran the above program code on couple systems, and there is no
problem with the printf() function.

BTW, what's your environment?

Sorry I didn't mention this before - I'm sure this is not a problem with the generic printf() software. I was hoping somebody would recognize the symptom and direct my search to a CPU specific file like __mpn_lshift().

My system is a Coldfire v4e core and the CPU is a Freescale
M5485.  Glibc version is 2.3.2.