Re: Linux Threads on 2.6 kernel

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005, Andrew Marshall announced authoritatively:
> I know that Linux Threads have now been replaced by NPTL and that Linux
> Threads development ceased pretty much at around kernel version 2.4... But
> can anyone tell me if I can expect to run into any problems running the
> LinuxThreads pthread library with a later 2.6 Kernel? If anyone has
> successfully ran this combination I'd be interested to know also -- many
> thanks!

Well, nobody can say if you'll have trouble running it with kernels that
have not been written yet, but in general it makes fewer requirements than
NPTL of the kernel.

It works OK in 2.6.13 and all lower kernels, and on some platforms without
NPTL support in a stable glibc you have no choice but to use it.

--
`... published last year in a limited edition... In one of the
 great tragedies of publishing, it was not a limited enough edition