Support for future safer C standard?

Dear Maintainers,

I was doing some reading and I found that that ISO is working on a new C standard. They have some safer functions to work against buffer overflows. And they should be standard at some point in the future (I guess its a matter of months... but I don't know ISO's speed very much)

You can read the details here:
http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg14/www/projects#24731

I read that Microsoft has that in VC++ 2005, and I did not see anything about that regarding in the PROJECTS file... is there something in the works on your side?

--
Marc-André Laverdière
M.A.Sc. Student - Information Systems Security