Re: pthread_kill and invalid thread IDs

Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
This patch lets pthread_kill behave more robustly when handed invalid thread
IDs.

No way. And your understanding of the POSIX discussions are wrong. There is no requirement to do the dirty job of the application and detect invalid thread IDs. If we can determine an ID is wrong we could return ESRCH. But we cannot and therefore we won't do any testing.

--
â Ulrich Drepper â Red Hat, Inc. â 444 Castro St â Mountain View, CA â