Re: FYI: new openat-like function: mkdirat

> cp, cpio, mv, and tar currently use mkfifo and mknod,
> so you might want to add mkfifoat and mknodat to the list, too.

I suppose, though those are used by so few programs it is a bit more
questionable.

> I haven't looked too closely at find, but its -execdir predicate
> makes me think having exec*at functions would be useful, too.
> But can glibc provide those without kernel support?

We can certainly implement any such calls easily on the Hurd. :-)
On Linux, off hand I think that the /proc/self/fd/N/foobar method works
across the board, though I am not really sure.

Thanks,
Roland