Re: Regarding VMS bugs.

I'll give a more general answer.  The only time we care at all about any
glibc code being used outside the glibc build itself is for gnulib.  Paul
Eggert is the liaison between gnulib maintainers and glibc.  The gnulib
maintainers decide what portability issues matter to them.  We sometimes
object when changes would introduce new cruft into our sources.  But for
any changes to existing portability cruft that don't further encruft glibc
sources, the gnulib maintainers are the arbiters of what's worth doing.

Thanks,
Roland