Re: [Freedce-devel] pthread_clear_exit_np()

okay, so these are the options:

1) forget redhat and forget them ever being helpful and supporting
strategically important free software projects, and go back to using
dcethreads posix draft 4 "emulation".

2) forget redhat and forget them ever being helpful and supporting
strategically important free software projects, and put the cancellation
"wrapper" side back into the dcethreads library - just keep the same
posix "final draft" API.

lord only knows what would happen on pthreads-win32 when compiling
freedce with mingw32, with the "wrapper" stuff back in, but i'd be
fascinated to find out.

3) think of ways to persuade the developers of glibc to enter into
reasonable conversations and dialog to help support a strategically
important free software project.  how does any other project manage
this (and what in hell's name prompted ulrich to be so dismissive?)

On Fri, Apr 21, 2006 at 05:26:44PM +0200, thomas.schuetzkowski@web.de wrote:
> Hi Luke,
>

> > To make this work with libc we need to "un-cancel" a thread.
> > Of course, using this in a third-party application is problematic as it
> > depends on internal glibc structures.
> >
> > I know the chances of such an API being added to glibc are about nil, but
> > I thought I'd mention this anyway! :-)
>
> We thought about adding a detection of the glibc version to autoconf stuff and choose the right version of the function. (see Loic's patch)
> Then of course someone has to maintain this for every new version of glibc. :-(
>
> This idea was skipped, because no one had the time to do this.
>
> regards,
> Thomas
> SMS schreiben mit WEB.DE FreeMail - einfach, schnell und
> kostenguenstig. Jetzt gleich testen! http://f.web.de/?mc=021192

lkcl.net - mad free software computer person, visionary and poet.