RE: String Functions for x86-64

Hi, Mike.

> still missing the sysdeps/x86_64/elf/rtld-global-offsets.sym
> file and the hunk to fix
> sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/x86_64/dl-procinfo.c ...

Aarg!!!  OK, here we go again...

> sysdeps/x86_64/dl-procinfo.c still declares _dl_cache2size
> even though the proposed patch no longer utilizes it ... also
> the comment above _dl_cache2sizehalf says "_dl_cache2size"
> instead of "_dl_cache2sizehalf"

Well, it's initialized in dl-machine.h, though other routines don't use
it yet.  I'm working on memcpy and memmove which do use it, so, it's OK,
I'd like to keep it there for now.  If, when I'm done with these
routines, any of such variables become bit-rot, I'll patch them out
then.

> the patch appears to be heavily corrupted with DOS newlines
>
> /* $Header: */ comments added to the top of files should to
> be scrubbed before being submitted i think

Clear.

> so, once i make the changes hinted at above, glibc builds but
> stratcliff test likes to randomly segv ... i could have just
> botched the required tweaks ...

Hmmm... I changed the test for strcpy to catch that error in a separate
post.

Evandro Menezes               AMD            Austin, TX