Re: Extra defines for sys/ptrace.h

On 17/06/07, Andreas Jaeger <aj@suse.de> wrote:
"Jeff Bailey" <jbailey@raspberryginger.com> writes:
> On 16/06/07, Andreas Jaeger <aj@suse.de> wrote:
>> The following defines are in the public Linux kernel ABI but not in our
>> files.  Ok to commit?
>
> Now that the Linux kernel is providing useful headers that they
> consider stable, is it better to take out the duplicate copies from
> glibc and just use those?

I don't think that they are in a state that we can copy them 1:1,

I was more thinking just relying on them being present on the system rather than copying them. Debian, Ubuntu, and Fedora (probably others, I haven't checked) have the results of "make headers_install" on the system which provides blessed headers from the kernel that have been cleaned up for userspace consumption. I don't think it makes sense anymore to copy those bits into glibc anymore.

--
Jeff Bailey - http://www.raspberryginger.com/jbailey/