HowTo deal with linuxthread libraries

Hello List,
After Gentoo updated to glibc-2.6.1 I recognozied, that linuxthreads are no longer supported. Unfortunately one of the main targets of my gentoo based distri (gen2vdr) is using an old library which is using linuxthreads and is only available as binary (damned closed source).
There are 2 applications using this beast: vdr and mplayer.
What do I have to do to keep my system up to date ( using glibc >= 2.6 ), but build these applications with glibc 2.5 ?
Any hints would be very welcome.
Bye
Helmut