Re: git://repo.or.cz/glibc-cvs.git busted?

On Sat, Nov 10, 2007 at 04:22:59PM +0000, Thomas Schwinge wrote:
> Hello!
>
> In an attempt to faciliate managing the dozen of patches that are needed
> to get glibc build on GNU/Hurd systems (Roland, any chance?) I decided to
> go for the <git://repo.or.cz/glibc-cvs.git> Git mirror of the main glibc
> CVS repository.  (Thanks Petr!)  I created a local branch, stuffed in the
> patches and began building the thing.  All seemed fine.  But then the
> build stopped when building `sysdeps/unix/bsd/bsd4.4/sigvec.c'.  In the
> Git repository's master branch, this file looks as follows:

  Yes, the glibc-cvs.git repository is busted. If you have any way to
ask Roland or Ulrich to make the CVSROOT of the glibc-cvs repository
public, one could use parsecvs to have a way better export. I don't
think making parsecvs (the tool from Keith Packard) incremental would be
hard, and it's pretty efficient and fast.

  git cvsimport and tailor both use cvsps that is completely confused by
the glibc cvs, and it's very slow no matter what. I believe rsyncing the
glibc CVSROOT needs fewer sourceware.org/redhat/wherever-the-repo-is
resources, and allow to build the shadow-repository faster too.

  As a Debian glibc maintainer I would very much interested with such an
export of the glibc repository that would be way more workable than CVS.
In any case, please keep me posted to what happens wrt that issue,

Cheers,
--
ÂOÂ  Pierre Habouzit
ÂÂO                                                madcoder@debian.org